Frequently scheduled cleanings are the best way to prevent excessive plaque buildup. Most dentists recommend that you schedule a cleaning every six months. Plaque that builds up can lead to unhealthy gums and tooth decay. A routine cleaning about 45 minutes and can greatly benefit overall mouth health.
In addition to cleaning your teeth, we perform oral examinations. Oral cancer kills more people each year than skin and cervical cancer combined in America. Using advanced dental technology such as digital x-rays and periodontal screenings to check gum and bone health, we can perform comprehensive examinations to determine your overall oral health.
The best ways to ensure clean teeth:
- Floss – at least twice a day.
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Change your toothbrush every 3-4 months. We highly recommend an electric toothbrush.
- Eat a balanced diet, and try to eliminate acidic and highly color dyed foods.
- Use dental products that contain fluoride (rinses, toothpaste).